• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple song titles
While I think my code is now set up in a way where I can decouple the lists that are shown from the list of songs in the database (so that the same song can appear multiple times with different titles), I think other issues would be caused by this change. Many of the actions you can take when long pressing and selecting songs are not things that I would want to allow to be done on the same song multiple times, so I would need to add some additional error checking. Also, certain features like the "Automatically Load Next Song" option would result in the same song being loaded multiple times as the songs are paged through (which may or may not be a problem). Some things may get a little weird too when adding songs to a setlist. I would assume I would just use the original title when the song is displayed in the setlist, but if the user had just tapped one of the alternate titles in the list, that might be odd. If I had to track which title was used in the setlist, that would start to get out of hand quickly and add too much complexity.

If I just made the change to the Songs tab, I would be able to isolate the impact of adding alternate titles, making it much easier to implement this change without breaking a lot of stuff. I'm not sure if that's really sufficient for what you want though...

Messages In This Thread
Multiple song titles - by AndyL - 04-26-2016, 02:20 AM
RE: Multiple song titles - by BRX - 04-26-2016, 06:39 AM
RE: Multiple song titles - by Harper - 04-26-2016, 07:04 AM
RE: Multiple song titles - by Zubersoft - 04-26-2016, 03:05 PM
RE: Multiple song titles - by musichawk - 06-19-2016, 08:15 AM