• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sync succeeds, except not really.
I just ran Sync again, same 347 files. Looking at the tablet, it worked, all the new files are there. But nothing changed on my end, other than waiting 3 days. Same PC, same tablet, same wi-fi, etc.

Observations:

Tablet Status window only shows a few files, I presume because most of them scrolled off.

There are statements such as "File successfully received and written to storage..." Looks good.

But, there are also a bunch of entries such as "Receiving 0 files from PC. Writing files to MobileSheets Storage Location". Makes no sense. And why does this happen? It happens only between some of the actual file statements, but not between all of them. Again, seeing only the last few actions as shown in Status window, I see two "successfully" file writes, then three "0 files" lines. Then another "successfully", then 2 "0 files" lines. Then, after the final "successfully" are 9 "0 files" lines.

The final lines are "Receiving database update from PC", then "Database successfully updated". This is the where, in several prior attempts, I saw an error. So, you seem to be correct in surmising that the prior problems were due to database not being transferred. Mystery, or something amiss?

New question arising from my test of copying several files via Dropbox, then the same files via Sync. I see DUPES, meaning the same song twice, with the same file name. I don't know how to safely cure this. Since the file name is the same, and I am NOT using folders, it seems to be the same file but two database entries. Do I need to delete both and re-load them, or is there another way? And, how could this be prevented. When doing Sync I told Companion to do the "use same file" (or something like that, don't have it happening so can't see precise wording) which I assume means, don't create a new database entry (if any) for this song; if it already exists, just replace the old file with the new file. That's my assumption, I recall the wording confused me about what would happen. Did I create the duplicates in the database by mis-using the duplicates setting in Sync?
-- John

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 (SM-T900) Android 5.1.1

Messages In This Thread
Sync succeeds, except not really. - by musichawk - 05-31-2016, 11:44 AM
RE: Sync succeeds, except not really. - by musichawk - 06-03-2016, 03:08 AM