• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost PDF, and time anomaly
Odd situation and behavior:

Pulled up a song on tablet that I've played before, but now the PDF page is blank/black. All the song info is there, and the PDF link is correct, but still, no music displayed. Files page says it is showing 1 of 0. Seems like the database has the file info but the file is not found. So, I crank up Companion on my master library PC and connect to tablet. 

Well, Companion shows the PDF, proper file size, etc is on the tablet. Apparently not really, so I copy the same PDF from PC to tablet. I select Replace. But I end up with two of the same PDF on tablet, and two of the same song in the database. Is that what should have happened? 

Companion now shows two of same PDF -- EXACTLY the same name -- which should be impossible (I don't use Folders). Both files show the same size. Does Companion only read the database and not the actual files, so I'm only seeing a database ghost, not two physical files?

But in Companion the two files have different timestamps -- very different. The older/original PDF shows Modified as 7 hours IN THE FUTURE. Presumably the Modified stamp got updated when I explored the problem on the tablet, opening the song editor and the Files tab. But even if that updates Modified, the tablet has the correct time, and the Sync actions box shows correct times. So why is it 7 hours later? My hunch: I'm currently in Pacific Daylight Time which is -7 hours from GMT/Zulu/UTC. It seems that time offset was not respected on the tablet when updating the file's Modified stamp.

The new PDF that I synced to the tablet shows in Companion as the correct current time for Created and Modified.

So, several odd things, but the big one is still, how can two of the same-name PDFs seem to exist in the same location on the tablet. I have not yet deleted the "bad" one in case there's something more I should investigate. I can wait until tomorrow if that is helpful. Should I delete the ghost/bad song from the tablet, or via Companion?
-- John

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 (SM-T900) Android 5.1.1

Messages In This Thread
Ghost PDF, and time anomaly - by musichawk - 06-17-2016, 06:20 AM
RE: Ghost PDF, and time anomaly - by Zubersoft - 06-17-2016, 06:35 AM
RE: Ghost PDF, and time anomaly - by Zubersoft - 06-17-2016, 06:53 AM
RE: Ghost PDF, and time anomaly - by musichawk - 06-17-2016, 07:18 AM
RE: Ghost PDF, and time anomaly - by Zubersoft - 06-18-2016, 05:05 AM