• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost PDF, and time anomaly
That almost sounds like the other black page issues that have been reported here: http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...p?tid=3263

In those cases, I don't think the page said 1 of 0 though, and the rest of the PDF loaded correctly, so I'm not sure if it's really the same thing.

When it comes to the problem you ran into with the companion, it's a pretty common misunderstanding of how the file import works. If you drag the same file multiple times into the companion application, this is instructing the program that you want to create a new song each time. If the output path for where the file will be copied matches an existing file's path, then you will get a file conflict dialog asking what to do about the conflict. No matter what you pick, a new song WILL be created. File conflicts are usually not a problem if you a) check the Settings->Storage->Use Subdirectory per Song setting or b) check the Setttings->Storage->Add Unique Id to Filenames. If you had the first setting check and you provided a different title for the song or you had the setting second checked, that explains why no file conflict was generated.

If you were intending to replace an existing file, the correct way to do this is to right-click on a song in the companion and select "Swap File". This swaps a file in for an existing one and updates the database appropriately. One change I may consider making in the future is checking each file that is imported to see if the name matches an existing name in the database, and in that case, prompt the user if they want to swap the file in for one of the existing matching songs or create a new song. This will obviously slow down the creation process for people who happen to use files with the same name as existing files frequently, but it could reduce the confusion for most other users.

As for the timestamps, I think the times are all stored in UTC so that I don't have to worry about conversion between time zones. This is a huge pain otherwise, and for most practical uses, I don't think it matters what time zone the files are in as people just care about the sorting capabilities. If this is really an issue for people, I can write up an enhancement request to convert the times listed in the companion to local time instead of UTC time, which probably isn't a big deal (I'll still store UTC internally though). Likewise, I could do something like this on the tablet as well to respesct the local time zone on the tablet. You said the times show up correctly when they were imported by the companion app - this would actually indicate that I may not be storing UTC times correctly from the companion, so I'll have to look into this.

Feel free to delete the second song you created. You can delete it from either the tablet or companion - the end result should be the same.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Ghost PDF, and time anomaly - by musichawk - 06-17-2016, 06:20 AM
RE: Ghost PDF, and time anomaly - by Zubersoft - 06-17-2016, 06:35 AM
RE: Ghost PDF, and time anomaly - by Zubersoft - 06-17-2016, 06:53 AM
RE: Ghost PDF, and time anomaly - by musichawk - 06-17-2016, 07:18 AM
RE: Ghost PDF, and time anomaly - by Zubersoft - 06-18-2016, 05:05 AM