• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copy Song Confusion
There's a number of reasons why you would want multiple copies to use the same file. The copy song feature can be used to duplicate a song but specify a different page range. So if you have a 500 page PDF, you can have a song uses 5 pages, copy it, and then change the page range. The huge PDF won't be duplicated in this case. Or if you want multiple copies of the same song with different annotations or other properties. Or if you want the song to show up in the library under multiple titles (as there currently isn't support for multiple titles per song). I actually can think of fewer cases where you'd want to copy a song but have a new instance of the file, as this would only make sense with text/chord pro files where you want to edit the file contents.

One workaround would be to copy the text in the text editor, create a new song, generate a new chord pro file on the files tab, and then paste in the contents.

I think if supporting this feature is important, I wouldn't want to overload the copy song feature, I would rather have a different action such as "Duplicate file for new song" or just "Duplicate files", and this would create copies of the files in the MobileSheetsPro cache directory and open the song editor as if those two files were just imported to create a new song.

Messages In This Thread
Copy Song Confusion - by rik - 08-30-2016, 03:07 AM
RE: Copy Song Confusion - by sciurius - 08-30-2016, 04:48 AM
RE: Copy Song Confusion - by rik - 08-30-2016, 06:04 AM
RE: Copy Song Confusion - by Zubersoft - 08-30-2016, 06:34 AM
RE: Copy Song Confusion - by itsme - 08-30-2016, 08:25 AM
RE: Copy Song Confusion - by rik - 08-30-2016, 07:11 PM