• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice about how to deal with repeats when using a pedal
(09-16-2016, 11:25 PM)jeffn1 Wrote: > I just make sure the pedal is set so that it stops at the beginning and end of the of the song
> (even if it is in a setlist) and no de-bounce. (I use the billipro)...

I have two billipro pedals, and both of them will do multiple pages for a single press, a few percent of the time. This, of course, is a disaster. So I have de-bounce set to at least 0.5 seconds. That makes it impossible to go back with any reliability, but I occasionally press the wrong pedal; at first I rotated the pedal 90 degrees so the "back" pedal was hard to press, now I just configure both pedals to go forward.

What I do for repeats is copy the pages appropriately; rather than cropping them, I use my Mac to place a white rectangle over measures to be skipped -- this lets me white-out partial staves. I of course do this before uploading to MobileSheets. As I rely on my tablet now, I have two tablets and two pedals and keep them synchronized -- that means I do annotations and other manipulations on the Mac, not in MobileSheets (I run Windows 10 in a virtual machine to use the MobileSheets Companion).
[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advice about how to deal with repeats when using a pedal - by tjrob - 11-10-2016, 08:48 AM