• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delete all songs in a Collection - not just their references to the Collection
Needed: A way to delete all songs in a Collection - not just their references to the Collection.

I use PDF charts including Fakebooks (RealBook, etc) all the time. No issues here.

But some PDF Books I use evolve as new songs get added or old charts get updated. These are PDF books of charts that I or other members of our group have written. Currently we have two books with about 350 charts each that are used by 15 musicians. Some use iPad,  some use Android, some PC tablet.

To allow everyone to keep up to date,  our management practice is to edit the PDF book (add, remove, or replace a couple of songs) - embed the date in the title - and save the entire book to the cloud.  This ensures everyone has access to the current book and everyone has the same chart for each song no matter which platform they use.  Posting individual charts that then have to be inserted into software on multiple platforms is not a solution. It’s a recipe for disaster.

Now we come to my issue with MSPro.  

When I get a new version of a PDF book of 350 songs, I want to first delete all songs from the previous collection in the MSPro database.

As far as I can tell, to actually delete songs, I have to do one song at a time from the Songs Tab. Checking 350 check boxes is no fun.

Select “all” filtered songs would do what I need. In this way I could use the filter to display all songs in a Collection and “select all” for deletion.  

After deleting all songs from the previous version of the Book in the MSPro database, I could import the new version of the Book into a Collection without worrying about which charts had been changed - they would all be current.

Thanks for making a great application!  For my needs, MSPro works much better than iGigBook (iPad) or any of the several PDF readers I have tried on IOS, Android or on the PC. 

I will be spreading the good word about MSPro.

Dave

Messages In This Thread
Delete all songs in a Collection - not just their references to the Collection - by Dave McCrea - 09-30-2016, 05:51 AM