• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page order for JPGs and Imported song title
Two issues:

1) Custom page ordering for imported JPGs (is broken)

My band likes to give me sheet music. I have been without a scanner. So, I use the camera in my tablet to take a picture of each page of the music, then import the pictures into MSP. Even if I had a scanner, I wouldn't have it at rehearsal when they had me the sheet music. So, because of the way MSP is working, I have to bring the music home and find a scanner, instead of just taking photos and handing the sheet music back to The Keeper of The Sheet Music.

Custom page ordering does not work for songs imported from JPGs. When I go to the Files tab on the edit page, it shows "Total Pages in File: 1" and "Page Order: 1-1" even though there are 2 pages. If I try to change the order and use any number greater than 1, it immediately displays a message, "The maximum allowed page is 1".

This happens whether I import p1 and p2 at the same time, or if I only import p1 at first, then add the 2nd page after.

When I actually play the song, it displays both pages correctly, scrolling from one to the next. So, this bug is not a problem for some music. But, I have a number of charts with a DS al Coda that goes from the 2nd page back to the 1st, and for those, I really need to be able to enter a custom page order.

2) Imported song title

I have reported this before, but nothing has happened that I know of.

Most of my charts are PDFs that are all named "bass.pdf". They are in a folder structure with all the charts for the whole band. The folder names are the song titles. Every time I import a song, it creates the song with a song title of "Bass" and I then have to go manually rename it.

I really WANT a way to tell it to combine the folder name and the file name as the song title. 

But, if I can't have that, can I at least get SOME way to manually enter the song title when I import it, so it doesn't have to be a 17 step process (okay, exaggerating just a bit) just to import a PDF?

I have MSP v1.6.2, from Google Play. I'm running Android 6.0.1 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7.

Messages In This Thread
Page order for JPGs and Imported song title - by StuartV - 10-12-2016, 01:10 AM