• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Musical icons in MSP
Mike,

recently I discovered that symbols/icons/emojis can nicely increase the readability of the library.
Much better than text they identify a song, say, as one that can be played with a specific second instrument (harmonica, banjo, piano, e-guitar, uke, violin, depending on whether one has the required company...). 
Another example: songs that have a backing track as audio file (There's this fantastic website www.karaoke-version.com - don't let the name put you off - where you can compose the backing track individually per instrument, try Bowie's "Life on Mars?"). Anyway, I marked 72 songs in my 1900 songs library with the standard android emoji for a tape (probably a video tape...) and added the field "Collections" to the title format. Anywhere in the library, as well as when a song is open, I now SEE that the song has a brilliant backing track associated. In the "past" I handled this through a setlist, with the drawback of not having the "backing track info" outside of the setlist. 
Having a bluetooth speaker built into the guitar (check out "acoustajam"), to play along a backing track spontaneously is always an option now, no external speakers or preparation required.
One more example why adding a symbol to the title format can be useful: the "needs work" tag. I replaced the "needs work" setlist with a wrench emoji in the Collections field, and since Collections is part of the Title Format, the info on whether a song requires attention is always visible. See also the library screenshot.
Now, the standard emojis include an e-guitar, a piano symbol, violin, mic, musical notes, all of which I am using. 
Would it be possible for you to include additional symbols in MSP? 
In the absence of a ukulele symbol I chose the palm tree, but haven't found anything that could stand for banjo and harmonica. 
A collection of musical instruments would be fantastic.

Cheers
Ben

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Musical icons in MSP - by Ben - 11-12-2016, 07:58 PM
RE: Musical icons in MSP - by itsme - 11-12-2016, 09:24 PM
RE: Musical icons in MSP - by sciurius - 11-13-2016, 05:55 AM
RE: Musical icons in MSP - by Ben - 11-13-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: Musical icons in MSP - by Zubersoft - 11-14-2016, 02:48 AM
RE: Musical icons in MSP - by Ben - 11-14-2016, 05:12 AM
RE: Musical icons in MSP - by BRX - 11-14-2016, 06:55 AM