• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chordpro - setlist specific transposing
(11-28-2016, 04:19 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: It's so easy to transpose in Chordpro, I fail to see the point?  I'm not a regular user of this format, so maybe I'm missing something?

The point, or should I phrase it as need, is that I routinely have sets based on different personnel for different dates that have the same song in different sets with keys associated with them. So I build the sets but that chordpro song that is in both gets the key of the last built set. I manually have to remember to switch the key between the various practices/sessions with each group...an error prone task and one that has bitten me on more than one occasion. Easy to change yes, not so easy to remember what needs to be changed when. Big Grin

I suppose I could go with itsme's idea of different db entries but that's one of the benefits I saw in using the chordpro format. I wanted to get away from the 2-4 different db entries per song. I'll have to chew on that a bit more I guess. :-)
Samsung Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZW / iPad Pro / AirTurn BT-105 / AirTurn BT200S-4

Messages In This Thread
chordpro - setlist specific transposing - by rs68 - 11-27-2016, 08:23 AM
RE: chordpro - setlist specific transposing - by DTownSMR - 11-28-2016, 10:17 AM