• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion App and Windows 10 version
For security reasons (according to Microsoft), they will not allow two applications running on the same machine to connect using the network with UWP applications. That means there is absolutely nothing I can do to get the MobileSheetsPro Companion to connect to the Windows 10 version of MobileSheets if they are running on the same box. With the way the companion app is currently implemented, there is nothing I can do about this, as it's all based upon using the network to transfer data.

I would have to basically rewrite huge sections of the companion app to have it directly access the database and other files in the library to support running it on the same box as a Windows 10 machine. That would also mean I could no longer use the same application for the Android companion app as the Windows 10 companion app, and I would have to add special handling so the user can specify when they are running on the same box as the Windows 10 app, versus running on a separate machine. After doing all this work, the companion app would basically be the same as the UWP app in terms of how it handles the library (which would probably be a lot of work as the way WPF handles files is very different from UWP). I must say, I don't really see the benefit in doing this. The Windows 10 app provides all of the same functionality as the companion app, so I don't really see why you would need to use both on the same box. I also think there are other things that need to be done that provide far more benefit and value.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
Companion App and Windows 10 version - by NeoCZ - 12-11-2016, 09:51 PM
RE: Companion App and Windows 10 version - by Zubersoft - 12-12-2016, 05:54 AM