• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advanced MIDI functionality
The MIDI functionality is pretty isolated and doesn't impact the core functionality of viewing scores and managing the library, so I personally think it has only added value for a lot of users. I do respect what Graeme is saying which is why I try to push back when features start getting a little too crazy and could potentially impact any of the core functionality. I do have improvements for MIDI planned, such as being able to trigger actions when MIDI commands are received. This is a feature that will be useful to those that rely on MIDI without having any impact on those that don't (most users won't even know it's available).

scientit, as for what you've requested, I have been looking into the MIDI clock (it was requested here http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...ight=clock), but I'm not sure how well it will work, or if I even understand fully how to implement it. It seems like I have to send non-stop MIDI messages to the device to sync the timing, and this may have consequences on things like power consumption/battery life and performance/CPU usage. The other things you've requested seem to be very specific to the way you are working. Each one would require an investment of development time (new user interfaces, translations for those new UIs, implementation and testing, etc), and I'm not really sure how many people it would benefit as you are the first to request those kinds of things. Unless I get a lot more feedback that those kinds of features are needed by other users, I'm going to have to direct my attention to other enhancements that I get a lot more requests for, as it would benefit a larger pool of users. If I run out of higher priority things to work on, I absolutely can consider these things in the future.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Advanced MIDI functionality - by scientit - 12-14-2016, 09:28 PM
RE: Advanced MIDI functionality - by GraemeJ - 12-14-2016, 10:45 PM
RE: Advanced MIDI functionality - by scientit - 12-14-2016, 11:13 PM
RE: Advanced MIDI functionality - by GraemeJ - 12-15-2016, 09:52 PM
RE: Advanced MIDI functionality - by NeoCZ - 12-16-2016, 01:54 AM
RE: Advanced MIDI functionality - by Zubersoft - 12-16-2016, 04:24 AM
RE: Advanced MIDI functionality - by scientit - 12-16-2016, 10:21 AM
RE: Advanced MIDI functionality - by domgi - 01-14-2017, 02:57 PM
RE: Advanced MIDI functionality - by NeoCZ - 01-14-2017, 08:05 PM
RE: Advanced MIDI functionality - by domgi - 01-16-2017, 12:04 PM