• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All files vanished from MSP, best way to reload?
Exclamation 
Today I found that MSP, while seeming to work properly, could not load any file to display. Checking the external SD card used to store all my PDFs, the folder where MSP stores the files is EMPTY. MSP's library and lists are still working, but none of the PDF files can be found. 

Not a disaster because I keep my master PDFs collection on a PC. I just need an efficient way to reload into MSP on my tablet.

If I tell MSP Companion to load all the files, this will be "again", so might result in duplicate database entries even though the files will not be duplicates (since the storage location is empty). Is there a way in Companion to "reload" the files while not disturbing the database? 

Or do I connect PC to tablet outside of MSP and simply copy all the PDF files into the folder where MSP expects them to be? 

Of course, I still have the mystery of why the files disappeared. It happened after I saw Samsung install an Update that was not explained. Still Android 5.1.1 but Kernel version is now dated Dec 9, 2016. I did not think to run MSP right after it happened, but other apps worked OK, the difference being MSP is the app that uses the external SD Card for storage. No idea what this update does, but nuking the external slot SD Card might be an outcome. Anyone else seen this update recently? 

Yes, I have various MSP library backups, on the tablet and on the PC, but none are as current as I'd like. But I tried restoring on PC and tablet, and in both cases MSP and/or Companion seemed to hang "forever" (10 minutes with no hint of progress, I gave up); maybe I didn't wait long enough? But really, I just want to copy the PDFs from PC back to Tablet, if MSP will allow or tolerate this.
-- John

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 (SM-T900) Android 5.1.1

Messages In This Thread
All files vanished from MSP, best way to reload? - by musichawk - 01-24-2017, 03:29 PM