• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All files vanished from MSP, best way to reload?
It definitely sounds like that card may be going bad. I've heard similar reports from users in the past and it turned out to be the card in each case. I'd watch it closely, and if you have any issues again, I'd copy your data over to a new card.

The only thing the companion app can do to help is to create library backups on your PC. It's odd that the backup on the PC didn't work for you though. I can't imagine why the tablet would have reported an issue writing to the removable SD card if that was the current storage location... As a side note, you can check out backup files after creating them using the File->View/Extract backup feature to verify they look good. I probably should add a feature at some point to "validate" a backup file where it can tell you if any songs in the backup file are missing the files they depend upon (meaning something may have gone wrong while backing up the library, or those files were missing to begin with).

The backup file shouldn't have to be on the tablet, but as long as the file is less than 4 GB in size and your tablet has enough storage space, it's not a bad idea to keep a backup file on it so you always have one handy if needed.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: All files vanished from MSP, best way to reload? - by Zubersoft - 01-25-2017, 03:27 AM