• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow add suffix during bulk Import
Hi
I am in 2 Uke groups (U3A and BUJ). As some songs are duplicated, I use a different collection for each group (you can guess the names!). When importing, I manually edit the file names to add the collection name e.g. "In the Summertime.pdf" is changed to "In the Summertime - U3A.pdf"
This makes the name unique and allows any duplicated songs to be changed without the other group being affected.

What would be nice would be if the Bulk Import option allowed a  suffix ( e.g. " - U3A") to be automatically added to the files as they are imported - this would save a lot of hassle renaming the file on the tablet and/or pc i.e. I'd also like to see this feature in the Companion. For a single song, this hassle is not too bad but is a "pita" when loading several songs.

As well as allowing a fixed text suffix, it might be possible to allow the suffix to take the value from a specified field e.g. collection. I realize that this might be a bit too much work so I would be happy having to use fixed text.

Anyway, just a thought and not the end of the world if it is not feasible or requires too much work.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Messages In This Thread
Allow add suffix during bulk Import - by Geoff Bacon - 02-20-2017, 09:50 AM
RE: Allow add suffix during bulk Import - by BRX - 02-20-2017, 11:39 PM
RE: Allow add suffix during bulk Import - by BRX - 02-21-2017, 07:40 AM