• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative Songlist?
Hello Mike,

using MobileSheetsPro since quite a long time now with much joy, I want to enter into a new dimension using it: In connecting MSP to my (Yamaha-) Keyboard I want MSP to automatically load the fitting registrations for my songs.
To say it first: I know this is already possible by now.
In order to that I should have my song titles renamed in a way that they correspond to a number system of the registrations. I can do that in at least 2 ways:
1) I could rename the existing song titles by adding a (3 digit) number system at the beginning of each song title;
I'd prefer another solution which gives more flexibility:
2) I could use the song title formating by using the field "USER DEFINED" and thus setting the numbers in front of each song title.
But:
In doing so I would always have the numbers shown in the titles when displaying the song list.

For other use I would rather have only the titles displayed in the song list - without the numbers.
I did'nt find a way yet to choose either only the title names or the titles with numbers in front of them.

I imagine that could be achieved by various means. Two ways I'd suggest here:
Either:
Adding a checkbox option in the settings menu: "Display song titles as under Title Format" .
Option checked results in showing the whole formatted title string;
option unchecked shows only the field  "Title".

Or:
An option to show the title either according to the field "Title" or according to the field "Name for sorting".
(Is this the correct english name? I use the german version. There it's called "Sortiername"; it is the second field in the song editor field tab and it's hidden by default.)

I would appreciate it very much to have this 'two fold' song list option implemented. Either by one of my two suggestions or by something even better you might be thinking of.

Thank you very much to considering that.

By the way:
I found out that there is no way to use the field %KEYWORDS%" in formatting the title. Is that by purpose?

Greetings from Germany

Ulrich

Messages In This Thread
Alternative Songlist? - by UlrichM - 03-04-2017, 02:02 AM
RE: Alternative Songlist? - by pax_eterna - 03-04-2017, 05:37 AM
RE: Alternative Songlist? - by UlrichM - 03-04-2017, 08:14 PM
RE: Alternative Songlist? - by GraemeJ - 03-04-2017, 08:10 PM
Alternative Songlist? - by UlrichM - 03-04-2017, 08:19 PM