• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help trying to batch import pdfs from PC
(06-23-2013, 07:39 AM)bumblebee Wrote: If I understand what you are trying to do, you are trying to import directly from your PC's drive from within MS? I am not sure this is possible.
If you do not want to use wireless/companion and have problems transferring to your tablet's drive before importing to MS (could be the total size of all the files), I have had success just using a USB flash drive. MS was able to navigate to it then import.
If you use Batch import window, I can tap on -mnt- and choose -usb_storage-.
For single songs, I usually choose my file manager (I use Astro) for navigation to the USB drive.

The import options - you want to have MS store its files on your ext SD card?
Copy PDF/Image files - yes check this
Copy files to ... removable storage
Delete original files - no (I like to keep the USB as a backup, can keep it with your tablet on gigs for any emergency)

Does this help?
(Try a few songs to test with.)
In Android Settings>Storage is where you unmount the USB drive

Thanks so much for responding.

Well, I am trying to do this various ways.

My first thought was to do exactly like you said. But I don't the right usb to micro USB adapted to get the data from the USB to the Android (Actually, it is in the process of being shipped to Amazon). So, maybe that would have worked, so I tried other things that I though should work.

I connected the PC directly to the usbe via a cable (I do have) that has micro USB male on one side (for the Android) and regular USB on the other.

I thought this would work because the Android extrenal SD card I installed (yes, I want everything on that card) was being recognized by my PC.

But when I tried various way to copy/paste or drag the files (with subfiles) containig the pdfs, it gave me various error messages. One error was that, for each pdf is encountered it said it was incompatible with my tablet. [Hmmm, maybe because it is in pdf X-Change format? Hmm, maybe I will try to save them as pdf files as see if that makes a difference).

Then I tried to do a batch import via the PC Companion, but the PC and the Android are no recognizing each other through this.

So, that's where I am.

Any other thoughts are welcomed. [I will also try to converting a few of the files from pdf X-change to pdf and see if that effects anything].

Jeff

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please help trying to batch import pdfs from PC - by jeffn1 - 06-23-2013, 07:53 AM