• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike - Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth Midi?
I'm not really sure what you are trying to show me. You've attached a picture to show that MIDI input/output ports can be used with an adapter for MIDI over BLE. This is a hardware solution that has nothing to do with the software side of things. The application you've referenced is just a test application that utilizes Google's MIDI library to do MIDI over bluetooth. That application can't be used by other applications to achieve MIDI communication. All it does is show that a MIDI connection can be established with a device over bluetooth. 

I am already in the process of utilizing Google's MIDI library for MIDI over bluetooth, but it only works for Android 6.0 or higher. I'm also using an open source library to provide MIDI over BLE for devices between Android 4.4 and 6. I'm basically having to route MIDI processing through multiple different libraries depending upon the Android version and the type of connectivity the user wants. It's quite complex, but it's the only way I can achieve support across all of the different Android versions. I'm releasing an update this week (just waiting on Microsoft to approve the Windows 10 side before releasing Android), then I'm going to finish up all the MIDI changes for the next update.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike - Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth Midi? - by Zubersoft - 12-28-2018, 04:26 AM