• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Menu size
(05-29-2017, 05:02 AM)Zuberman Wrote:
Quote:There are multiple settings in the OS that may be able to help with this, depending upon what OS version you are running. See this link: https://www.howtogeek.com/268754/how-to-...id-nougat/

This doesn't apply to my situation -- I'm running the Android version of MobileSheets, but on a Chromebook (not because I love ChromeOS, but because it was the only 13" device I could find capable of running Android apps).  While Android apps do appear to run in the equivalent of a virtual machine, the underlying Android settings aren't exposed, and even if they were, the screen itself is under the control of ChromeOS.

Quote:On my tablet, which is rooted and running Android 7.0, there is an option under Settings->Display called "Display Size". If I increase that, everything in MobileSheetsPro gets larger.  There is also a separate Font Size setting, but that didn't seem to work for me when I tried. Your results may be different on those devices.

Sadly, there's nothing quite equivalent in ChromeOS.  There are various ways of enlarging the screen, but none of them are usable (one method works only for the Chrome browser; another changes the resolution of the entire device, but only to a small number of predefined values -- and all of those are either too big or too small).

Quote:Adding a way to control the font size and icon sizes for everything in the application is not going to be an easy task otherwise. 

I understand that this is difficult, and the Chromebook isn't a viable solution in the long term anyway.  My problem is simply that the market for Android tablets is shrinking and nobody appears to be making anything in the 13" range anymore (and I know from experience that 10" tablets, no matter how good they may be, are simply too small for my needs).

I really don't want to move to a 12.9" iPad Pro, but that's starting to look more and more like my only path moving forward (short of buying a Windows tablet and finding a way to install Linux and then run Android applications on top of that -- which is probably possible, but arguably too much work for such an unsupported configuration).

Messages In This Thread
Menu size - by mcrossy - 05-10-2017, 07:02 PM
Interface font size (was Menu size) - by smw - 05-29-2017, 03:57 AM
RE: Menu size - by Zubersoft - 05-29-2017, 05:02 AM
RE: Menu size - by mcrossy - 06-07-2017, 11:15 AM
RE: Menu size - by sciurius - 06-07-2017, 06:06 PM
RE: Menu size - by mcrossy - 06-14-2017, 08:41 AM
RE: Menu size - by smw - 06-24-2017, 05:04 AM
RE: Menu size - by avago - 06-24-2017, 06:10 AM
RE: Menu size - by Skip - 06-24-2017, 06:02 AM
RE: Menu size - by smw - 06-24-2017, 06:30 AM