• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG MESS: Almost all songs seemed to be duplicated by Batch Import
I have the updates installed. Did a new Batch Import, added 765 songs -- yay!

But, I then managed to crash MSPC, found a "trap" that might be something to improve....

In MSPC I wanted to tag all the new imports that came from a just-scanned fakebook with their Album ID, so I searched for that ID which I embed in the file name. About 600 were found (presuming the count, the Search and select actions do not display a count of results, which would be nice).

The I moved too fast -- oops. I selected Edit Songs instead of Batch Edit Songs (adjacent menu items). This resulted in MSPC opening of close to 600 dialogs -- at the same time. Eventually, this crashed it.

Once the rapid series of hundreds of boxes started to open I figured this would not have a good outcome, but there was no evident way to Cancel. That would be an excellent improvement.

And/or, it would be really good for MSPC to realize what it was about to do and ask for verification. Perhaps ask whenever more than maybe 10 records are selected? The app I use for media management (audio, video, images) does this and it is a welcome double-check before craziness happens.

Restarting MSPC, I did the tagging again, properly selecting Batch Edit, and it worked fine.

Thanks for fixing whatever it was that prevented complete importing. Curious, can you say what caused the problem? I could not discern a pattern in which Songs and PDFs were added vs. skipped.
-- John

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 (SM-T900) Android 5.1.1

Messages In This Thread
RE: BIG MESS: Almost all songs seemed to be duplicated by Batch Import - by musichawk - 07-06-2017, 01:19 AM