• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things you may not know about in MobileSheets
I purchased MobileSheets the other day and I'm still on the learning curve, but figuring things out fairly quickly. I'm really enjoying this app. It will be very helpful on gigs. My query: I'm not sure if this something that doesn't exist or if it's in a setting I'm missing, but I notice that the filter is set to clear whenever I choose a song. That means if I have multiple versions of the same song with slightly different titles (i.e. "All Of Me NRB1" for New Real Book 1, "All Of Me COL" for Colorado Fake Book), if I choose the wrong version at a gig then hitting the Back button I should just be able to select another one quickly, instead of having to type all over again. This is a very common scenario amongst jazz musicians, as different players work off of different versions of tunes and nobody really has the sources memorized. It's one thing to pull up the wrong chart and just go back and hit another one. You can do that pretty quickly. Typing the titles back into the filter each time though is far less speedy and can result in an awkward pause while you're fumbling for the right chart. A setlist doesn't really help the situation much because most tunes are just called and not planned. If you can point me to the spot where I can change that setting it would be much appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things you may not know about in MobileSheets - by jimmyjazz - 03-19-2013, 09:14 PM