• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send setlist / Select role / Colour by parameter / Group inside setlist
Don't get me wrong, it would still be useful feature, but I think there would just be simpler to add files to songs and mark them according to the person / role and then let you choose your role and show you the file accordingly. Versioning suggests that each song would have many versions, which is a little bit impractical (I don't understand if such feature already exists - maybe I would change my mind then, but for the sake of argument let's assume that such feature does not exist) since:
a) You would have new version of a song for each instrument, which you can already do now using collections.
b) How about when you actually need to make a new version of a song, e.g. for a specific event? Imagine, you have 10 different band members and everyone of them needs a different sheet. With two versions of song that would mean 20 different entries. That's very impractical. Still, I would love the versioning feature because for such cases, but in pair with roles feature.

I currently use collections for different band members, but this way sharing the setlist just doesn't work. And also all the tablets have all the songs on them, which with 80 songs that our band performs totals to around 900 entries. And also when creating the songs on PC, I have to duplicate songs for each member and then delete the file and add a new one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Send setlist / Select role / Colour by parameter / Group inside setlist - by saxsim - 10-30-2017, 07:50 PM