• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send setlist / Select role / Colour by parameter / Group inside setlist
The concept behind versioning is that you will be able to have multiple versions of a song that you can switch between. For each setlist, you will be able to choose which version of the song is used. On the songs tab, you will be able to choose the default version used (what is used by default for setlists and what is used if the song is loaded by itself). There will not be multiple entries in the songs list - just one single song entry with a toggle for the version. This will get you most of what you want. The problem is that you want to easily be able to share the library with others, and not require them to update their setlists to pick each version of the song they want. I think what you really want is both song versioning, but also a role selection. You want to be able to assign each version of a song to a role, so that a user can just pick their current role, and the correct song version will be loaded for each setlist. Not every user would need the role feature though (that's really more for bands). In that case, I'm going to need to support the concept of role just being set to "None" or "Default", so that most users don't even have to think about it. When choosing what version of a song to use for a setlist, you would be given a choice - either pick a specific version, or pick a role. That way it works in both cases. If this all sounds good to you, I'm going to update my write-up for the versioning feature to include this role concept.  There will be a new dropdown on the song editor screen so that, for each song version, you can pick what role it's associated with. If multiple versions are associated with the same role, the first version in the list will be used when figuring out what version of the song to load in a given setlist.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Send setlist / Select role / Colour by parameter / Group inside setlist - by Zubersoft - 10-31-2017, 08:24 AM