• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wish to convert to "let MS manage files"
(07-23-2017, 05:15 PM)BRX Wrote: Actually I didn't intend to stop you from converting. I was interested in your reasons and problems to see if I have to avoid them. :;-)

So?
Well, I was in a band last year that no longer exists in the same form, i.e. the name has changed as well as a good portion of the material. The way my folders were established, the charts for the old band were in a folder that had the name of the band. I also have have another folder with charts of just popular songs and would like to move the charts from the old band name folder to the general one. This will likely happen once in a while, bands change, so now I'm thinking maybe it would just be best to have just less folders or let MS manage my files. 

I don't want to remove the songs and re-import because I would like to keep the annotations; my annotations can be arrangement specific but also correcting mistakes in chords and/or lyrics. Eventually I would like to correct the ones that have been annotated and generate new pdfs since I use only pdfs, but I don't have the time right now. And anyway this brings up a whole other matter; I would like to know which songs have annotations with a search function and right now I can't, not that I know of anyway. 

I am not certain if letting MS manage the files is the way to go, but I would like to try it. The main reason for choosing to manage my own files from the start had more to do with not knowing the program and if it was/is well supported, which I now know is the case.

I'm curious, what scenario are you using for your folders structure?

Cheers,
Dan

Messages In This Thread
RE: wish to convert to "let MS manage files" - by madoues - 07-24-2017, 02:48 AM