• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitch Pipe / Keyboard feature
I just started using MS a week or so ago and I am loving it - I rarely find myself happy to purchase an app but I am extremely happy that I bought this one! Tonight was the first time I used it during a big rehearsal (St Matthew's Passion) and it worked great - I had no problems navigating the 240-odd page score.

Anyway, on to the feature request... I notice this was on the one-day feature list years ago but I couldn't find anything recent about it.

Something that is often required when performing acapella is (1) tempo, which is ably taken care of with the metronome feature, and (2) starting note, which could be addressed with a pitch pipe feature. 

Additionally, I sometimes find it would be handy during rehearsals to tap out part of a melodic phrase or particular notes on an on-screen keyboard.

Is this a feature that is in the works, or at least, desired by a fair number of users?

As far as the interface goes, I'd love to see it implemented as:
  • separate window that can be dragged around, like the metronome and audio player interfaces
  • an octave or 1.5 octaves of piano keys (perhaps depending on screen resolution and size)
  • horizontal scroll bar at the top which allows you to shift what section of the full 88-note keyboard you "see" in the 8ve / 1.5 8ve "window"
  • double-tap on the scroll to re-centre (or left-align) the keyboard at middle-c
  • ability to raise the window by binding it to any of the song display touch zones and to a button in the quick action box.
Also great would be a light-grey stave drawn across the strip of white keys, with minums on each key showing which note it is - this could be really useful for people in choirs who are not good sight readers, so they can more easily peck out a melody while practicing. The clef could be shown at the leftmost key, and clef selection could be a combination of where on the keyboard they have scrolled to and an option setting for a home clef (alto, tenor (treble dropped an octave) etc).

I'd be happy to draw a mock-up of the interface if my description is a bit hazy, and if you're interested.

As for the sound, a plain sinewave would be perfectly suitable, but whatever is easiest to implement.

Is this a feature still under consideration, and would the above sound like a feasible way to implement it?

Thanks again for an awesome app!

Messages In This Thread
Pitch Pipe / Keyboard feature - by agittins - 08-01-2017, 04:24 AM
RE: Pitch Pipe / Keyboard feature - by itsme - 08-01-2017, 03:01 PM
RE: Pitch Pipe / Keyboard feature - by agittins - 08-01-2017, 06:01 PM
RE: Pitch Pipe / Keyboard feature - by GraemeJ - 08-01-2017, 08:37 PM
RE: Pitch Pipe / Keyboard feature - by sciurius - 08-02-2017, 06:46 AM
RE: Pitch Pipe / Keyboard feature - by Zubersoft - 08-02-2017, 01:01 AM
RE: Pitch Pipe / Keyboard feature - by samibe - 08-01-2021, 01:38 AM
RE: Pitch Pipe / Keyboard feature - by chuckmcla - 11-12-2022, 04:31 PM