• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.msf file import errors
When sharing songs and data by creating an .msf file, I encountered a few minor errors when importing to my other tablet.

Background
I created a custom field named: Page # Sort, used to sort the songs by page number.
  • It consisted of a three digit page number + space - space + the song title
  • i.e.  340 - Take Me Home, Country Roads
I created a Source: The Daily Ukulele - Leap Year Edition
I created a Collection: The Daily Ukulele - Leap Year Edition

I'm in the midst of putting the whole book into MobileSheets Pro for convenience.  The ebook doesn't have the functionality of MobileSheets Pro's database.

To create the .msf file, I selected all the pages for the source, tapped on Share, tapped on Share as .msf, and created a file that I uploaded to my Google Drive folder.

In my other tablet, I tapped on import, Google Drive, selected the file, and proceeded to import the files and data.

Here are the errors I encountered:
  • Custom Field (Page # Sort) - entries that had a comma in this field were split into two listings, right at the comma
  • The first part of the custom field entry with the page number was created, and a second entry was created with the text after the comma.  The comma itself was not included in either of them.
  • In the example I used above, it created two entries: 340 - Take Me Home & Country Roads.
  • The source entries fields were filled in correctly, but the import did not create the specific source category.  I had to create it manually.
  • The collection entries were filled in correctly, but the import did not create the specific collection category.  I had to create it manually.
  • The custom field name (Page # Sort) was not imported.  I had to create it manually.
Thanks for your help on this.  I want to get it working properly so I don't have to manually fix the entries (mainly the comma issue).

Enjoy the day,

Charles

Messages In This Thread
.msf file import errors - by TechDad - 08-10-2017, 08:59 PM
RE: .msf file import errors - by Zubersoft - 08-11-2017, 06:11 AM
RE: .msf file import errors - by itsme - 08-11-2017, 05:06 PM
RE: .msf file import errors - by TechDad - 08-15-2017, 02:59 PM
RE: .msf file import errors - by itsme - 08-17-2017, 12:03 AM
RE: .msf file import errors - by BRX - 08-17-2017, 01:57 AM
RE: .msf file import errors - by Zubersoft - 08-17-2017, 03:56 AM
RE: .msf file import errors - by BRX - 08-17-2017, 05:19 AM