• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Initializing DB never finished; now files are missing
So the question is: what did I do to deserve this?

I went to the open apps button on my Asus ZenPad 10 to go to MobileSheets, after I had just left it open but closed the screen last time I used it, which is what I normally do. This time, when I clicked the app to bring it back, it showed an Initializing Database message with that circle timer thing, for many minutes. It appeared to me that it was not going to initialize it, so I hit the home button, then re-opened the app. All seemed fine, but my latest setlist, which I had been using for at least a month (which is what was open when I last used the app), was missing, and several tunes in the setlist were missing. I am guessing that these were tunes that were only in that setlist, but I'm not sure of that. When I went to re-add some of the tunes from Dropbox, on a few of them it asked if I wanted to replace the existing version, though I had been unable to find the existing version. Hmm, now I see that another setlist is missing, one that I just created last week,. Oh, and all the keys I put in are missing. I've checked the settings - they're still set to display. Now I'll cry. I don't think I did a backup since I added them. Maybe I'll reconsider the need for them.

This would have been a major inconvenience at a gig. I want to know what I should be sure to never do again. Should I always exit the app before I close the screen? Is there a place from which I should exit? I think I have only seen that initializing thing once before, dealt with it the same way but did not seem to lose anything. 

Or when does it decide to reinitialize everything? Is that something normal?? If I had given it its half-hour, would it have fixed up everything?

Thanks.
+*+
Wendy Cutler

Messages In This Thread
Initializing DB never finished; now files are missing - by Wendy Cutler - 08-24-2017, 12:35 PM