• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Initialization error
Hi guys,

upon starting MS Version 1.9.5 I occasionally have the following error:
Metronome playback initialization error: UnknownFailure. Please report this to Zubersoft.

Here is how I seem to be able reproduce it:
So far this seems to be related to special circumstances, namely when I change the folder structure outside of MS. I'm managing my collection outside of MS and have MS data folder pointed to the parent directory of all my scores.

Occasionally I move scores from one subdirectory into a new one, remove files, remove and add directories etc. When I then restart MS it seems to "hang" in the "inititalize database" step (or so, can't reliably tell from the outside). When this happens MS is unresponsive and I have to kill it by either clicking on the X in the upper right corner or the taskmanager. This process is repeated four times and then eventually the msgs "Metronome playback initialization error: UnknownFailure. Please report this to Zubersoft." appears in an overlay windows. After clicking OK MS is useable again and everything is fine AFAICT. Subsequent restarts work flawlessly...until I again fiddle with the directory structure and/or content outside of MS.

I have not checked, if any change outside MS triggers this behaviour, but whenever I've seen this error I had done some (more or less bigger) changes to my files.

Kind regards,
Michael

Messages In This Thread
Initialization error - by mgd - 10-15-2017, 05:15 PM
RE: Initialization error - by Zubersoft - 10-16-2017, 04:35 PM
RE: Initialization error - by mgd - 10-17-2017, 11:34 PM