• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating network for tablets to join for Master/Slave
Hi guys,

I'm encountering the same issues with my 3 Android devices and I'm a little sad about that:

Trying to connect 3 devices via Wifi works good if the Wifi has internet.
The connection seems to be stable. But Mike has tested this, so no surprise.
That's home, but not the a gig, where I carry some FritzBox with no internet connection.

The FritzBox with no internet connects well to my Android 4.4.4 and to 5.1.1 (I'm using 2 Hannspree 13", one old 4core and the newer 8core.
(The connection is not really stable, but sometimes stays healthy for more than an hour.)

But then my guys have the Trekstor 13" with Android 6 and here we got NO connection at all without internet present.

That's the reason why I haven't used this feature yet, although I was waiting fror it badly.

Bluetooth disconnects, too, unstable.
We all want to play our instrument, so this has to be rock solid to be of any use.

Mike, maybe there's the possibility to have the ad hoc wifi net of one machine running MSP providing the wifi net.
This would save us to carry a FritzBox or have our phone to be the hotspot.
Perhaps then you could find a way for that ad hoc to pretend it has an internet connection.
That way the tablets of the band members don't have to be modified.
A workaround on every tablet my band members bring on, is not realistic.

Thanx again for the great developer work,

Kai

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating network for tablets to join for Master/Slave - by kaithedrummer - 01-30-2018, 03:28 AM