• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating network for tablets to join for Master/Slave
Mike, thanks for the reply.

It doesn’t matter how long I sleep the tablets for them to lose sync to the Group.
It could be 1 second or during our 15min breaks.

Last night we had a gig with 8 tablets running. 1 Master and 7 slaves.  Some on Android 5, some on 6 or 7.

None of the tablets stayed connected.

All tablets at one point or another lost sync to the Master. When the dialogue box pops up asking if I want it to keep connecting to the group comes up, I’ll select YES. Then every 2 seconds or so I’ll see the prompt at the bottom of the App telling me it lost Group 1 … then reconnected … then lost…then reconnected.

In order for the slaves to sync to the Master when the master selects a new song, on the master tablet I have to select the song, then go back to into my set list and select it again, then go back and select it again … about 4 or 5 times until all the tablets have received the song change command.

On all the tablets’ settings under WIFI I have selected to keep WiFi on always.

It doesn’t matter if I sleep the Master or the Slave … if either one’s screen is turned off, it’ll go into that bad loop of trying losing group sync, then res-syncing, then losing…etc etc.

Even if I force stop MSP by closing the app, the apps small prompt window at the bottom telling me that it lost or regained sync to Group 1 will continue to show even on the Android home screen.

At any rate … I would LOVE the Master Slave functionality but in my circumstance with 8+ tablets, have never been able to get it to work properly.
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating network for tablets to join for Master/Slave - by dallaskruse - 12-03-2018, 01:03 PM