• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How best to organize music
New user here who is taking piano lessons and wondering how best to organize categories of music and looking for suggestions.

Some pieces are memorized, and of these some I can play fairly well but some still need work.

The same goes for pieces that are not memorized.

Plus, there are usually a couple of pieces that I can play that I am working on memorizing.

Some pieces are items that I am currently working on that are assigned by my piano teacher with whom I meet weekly.  In addition to regular pieces, these can also include exercises such as Hanon.

Of pieces that I can play, they need to be played every so often (maybe weekly?) so that they stay fresh.  (Maybe a day of the week category (Monday, Tuesday...) with such pieces divided into those days?)

There are other pieces that interest me that I haven't started on yet, or did start on once upon a time but put aside meaning to revisit sometime.  Perhaps these should also be grouped together.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and has any suggestions.
NuVision 13.3" Full HD - 16GB - Android Internet Tablet with Keyboard Case, Stand & Stylus (TM1318) - Purple

Messages In This Thread
How best to organize music - by RVDowning - 02-08-2018, 02:30 AM
RE: How best to organize music - by RVDowning - 02-09-2018, 01:53 AM
RE: How best to organize music - by Geoff Bacon - 02-09-2018, 02:42 AM
RE: How best to organize music - by RVDowning - 02-10-2018, 01:38 AM
RE: How best to organize music - by tjrob - 06-11-2019, 03:43 AM