• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 vs Android version - and other queries
Greetings - and apologies for the multiple questions,

I have just purchased the Windows 10 (Surface Book 2) version after using the Android one (Nexus 9)  for a few years. I am using a Tyros 4 keyboard. So far so good!

• One of the big differences I have found is that the Windows 10 version doesn't seem to be able to play midi files , only .wav, mp3 etc audio files - not midi. This means that my Android files that contain midi file links have to be all edited when I transfer from the Tablet to my Laptop, and the .wav files don't sound as good having exported them from Notation Composer. [Edit] I now see that the Android version will only use midi files, so that means the backups are not compatible between devices....
  • I notice that in both versions, if the scrolling gets to the end of a song, and then I press a link to go back in the song, the scrolling has been terminated. Is this by design? It would be nice if the scrolling continued on....
  • I am thinking of getting a Yamaha Bluetooth midi adaptor MD-BT01 or UD-BT01 for use by my tablet and Laptop. I can't find much on this forum about their use. Is there any reason why they CAN'T work to send midi registration patch data like "Patch Select 0 MSB 32 LSB Program Change 1"
  • The main reason of thinking of Bluetooth is that when I use my Surface Book 2 in tablet mode, I have no access to the USB ports attached to the keyboard section, and it would be nice to be able to easily charge the Tablet when in use too....
  • It would be wonderful if both versions of MobileSheets could directly send midi music files in real time to be played by my Tyros 4 (via Bluetooth would be spectacular, but at least by USB). Is this possible, or being thought of???

Many thanks
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia

Messages In This Thread
Windows 10 vs Android version - and other queries - by JBlyth - 03-19-2018, 06:23 PM