• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrolling Speed on Different Monitors????
I have been trying to find a scrolling setting for Portrait mode on the 2 monitors I use most. One for home, and one for elsewhere.

I am using the song Homeward Bound as my test music. It has 9 pages (3 verses), in the sequence 1-3,1-3,1-3, and each page is cropped to the smallest reasonable top and bottom margins to only show that part of the song required at that time. On my old 1280x1024 monitor in Portrait mode takes 2 minutes 55 seconds overall, which is perfectly timed for the music. On my Laptop 2000x3000 screen in Portrait mode it takes 4 minutes 55. Which is a vast difference!

The settings I have been experimenting with are:-
  • Page Scaling - Portrait Fit Width
  • Display Mode - Portrait Vertical Scrolling
  • Automatic Scrolling Settings - Scroll Continuously to End
  • Fixed Duration - 1.6
  • Time before Scrolling Starts - 6

Is there any way of using the settings in Mobile Sheets to get the time taken to scroll the full length song to be constant regardless of screen resolution - at least in Portrait mode.

I have also been using a blank "box" to cover unwanted sections of the score where repeats occur. I note that these move around depending on screen resolution too. It would be perfect if the scrolling time and comments/stamps etc remained fixed too regardless of screen resolution.

Is it possible to use the screen resolution/window size metric to modify the scroll rate so it is constant between screen sizes? This would also make the settings portable between Windows Android devices. 

Any suggestions would be most welcome!

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia

Messages In This Thread
Scrolling Speed on Different Monitors???? - by JBlyth - 04-04-2018, 09:43 AM