• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snippet from multi-PDF song
Thanks - I do use CSV already, and i know a workaround for the issue (like catenating the PDFs outside of MSP).
So it is not anywhere critical for me...  Smile

I posted the report because a) snippets do  not work in a meaningful way when the song consists of more then one PDF. And b) the created snippets may cause MSP to not render the snippets but spin indefinitely... Which is a bad user experience while experience a "out of bounds" (page 0) condition.

Avoiding "a" is easy, but then why support multiple files for a song in the first place?
And "b" should not happen, even if this is a corner case.

The reason i even tried to use a) is the following use case: i got this 7 chapter songbook a while ago, stored it "for reference" as-is in MSP. There was no need to properly index it or split it in 800 single songs yet. Until yesterday, when i needed 2 songs on short notice, on the road, with only my tablet and MSP available. "No biggie, you have the book, just create 2 snippets on the fly, include it in the setlist and off you go...".  I ended up with the tablet AND a borrowed printed copy of the songbook instead.  Undecided

Yes, i could have extracted the snippets from the individual chapter-PDF, if i had time to properly think about it and found them in a hurry. But i was confused by the way MSP behaved in this circumstance and time was running short.

And i still think extracting the snippets simply should have worked - regardless if it is one or seven PDFs.  Smile
SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab8+ - Lenovo Yoga Tablet 3 Plus - MS Surface pro 2017

Messages In This Thread
Snippet from multi-PDF song - by Chen - 04-07-2018, 06:22 AM
RE: Snippet from multi-PDF song - by Skip - 04-07-2018, 06:52 AM
RE: Snippet from multi-PDF song - by Chen - 04-07-2018, 07:16 AM
RE: Snippet from multi-PDF song - by Skip - 04-07-2018, 09:22 AM
RE: Snippet from multi-PDF song - by itsme - 04-07-2018, 03:55 PM
RE: Snippet from multi-PDF song - by Chen - 04-07-2018, 07:21 PM
RE: Snippet from multi-PDF song - by Zubersoft - 04-08-2018, 01:58 AM