• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android 5 tablets unable to stay connected to group
I have 9 Android tablets (https://www.amazon.com/Insignia-Android-...B01F055FEK).

They are running Android 5 (lollipop).

I spent the week updating all of them to the latest MSP and spent hours adding Keys and Tempos to my 600+ songs on each tablet.

I use an Apple Airport Express at my gigs and have the tablets join the network and my tablet is the Master and the rest of the band are the slaves. The Airport gives no Internet connection...it's simply a closed Wifi network for tablets to join.

None of the tablets would stay connected to the group I created.  It was a 4 hour gig with over 50 songs and for whatever reason, the Master/Slave would not work. On a break, I tried to create a Group via Bluetooth but that didn't work either.

Questions: 
1. Is anyone else seeing issues with Master/Slave after the most recent update?
2. Should I look into buying more recent tablets since these tablets won't update past Android 5?

According to Google, Android 5 won't stay on a Wifi network that has no Internet connection. It will constantly try and dump that network and search for networks that can ping Google with and internet connection. So ... I bought "Best Wifi Keeper". It's an app that holds the Wifi connection even when there's no Internet connection.

Obviously there was a LOT of frustration at the event because musicians had to dig through the tablets to find the tunes we were playing next and that caused considerable down time between songs.

I don't know why Bluetooth connection wasn't working either. I updated all the tablets to the most recent MSP yesterday.

At any rate ... ANY suggestions are highly appreciated.
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.

Messages In This Thread
Android 5 tablets unable to stay connected to group - by dallaskruse - 05-16-2018, 05:57 PM