• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planning how to sort huge collection
As you are starting from scratch, I suggest you look at the csv option (as advised by BRX). I've only used it once and that was splitting a large pdf into multiple songs (not sure if you can use it to provide data for multiple input files).

The other thing I would suggest is that you start small by choosing a representative subset of your songs and work out exactly how to get it working as you want. Then blow it all away and fill the database for real i.e. don't try and add to your test subset. You probably don't want the "Let MSP manage the  files" option selected (this creates a subdirectory for each song which means that you have will have 2500 subdirectories containing a single file).

Probably also a good idea to use your own file structure as opposed to letting MSP copy them into it's storage folder. You can then use your own subfolders to categorize the songs making it much easier for you to manage the files. It will also remove any file handling inefficiencies from having an excessive number of files in a single folder (perhaps not such an issue nowadays).
Best of luck - I let MSP manage my files at the start and I haven't got the courage to blow it all away and start again!

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Messages In This Thread
Planning how to sort huge collection - by Wynton - 06-12-2018, 02:06 AM
RE: Planning how to sort huge collection - by BRX - 06-12-2018, 02:55 AM
RE: Planning how to sort huge collection - by Geoff Bacon - 06-12-2018, 03:20 AM
RE: Planning how to sort huge collection - by BRX - 06-13-2018, 08:31 AM