• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChordPro and page order
Well I stop the page order from being modified in the song editor, but I don't really know what to do about the page order causing conflicts while merging. The reason is that you technically can change the number of pages by changing the chord pro settings. In doing this, you could also add bookmarks, annotations, etc to those extra pages. So I can't really just ignore the fact that each song has a different number of pages allocated for the file, otherwise I wouldn't also process other things that could be associated with those pages. The file and page order comparisons are performed at the very start to ensure that each song has the same number of pages allocated for each file, otherwise it can cause errors downstream in other logic. I suppose one option would be, if I'm dealing with chord pro or text files, I just automatically allocate pages for each song to match whichever song has more pages. This has little impact in practice, because the number of pages is always trimmed when you load the song. What do you think of that idea? If both songs don't have any bookmarks or extra data on those pages, then no other conflict will occur.

Thanks,
Mike

Update:
I just realized by looking through the code that even if the page order is updated, I wasn't actually doing anything beyond that. So later in the merge, you'd see tons of differences between the two files anyways. So no matter what, I need to do what I proposed above to eliminate potential conflicts between the two files.

Messages In This Thread
ChordPro and page order - by sciurius - 09-02-2018, 01:19 AM
RE: ChordPro and page order - by Zubersoft - 09-02-2018, 05:36 PM
RE: ChordPro and page order - by sciurius - 01-28-2019, 06:36 AM
RE: ChordPro and page order - by Zubersoft - 01-28-2019, 10:29 AM
RE: ChordPro and page order - by Zubersoft - 01-28-2019, 01:49 PM
RE: ChordPro and page order - by sciurius - 01-28-2019, 05:26 PM