• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SVG support
Well, I agree that the format SVG is nothing more than an image format much like PDF or JPG. And I asked for that because I thought it wouldn't be too difficult to implement and can be used like other image files or PDFs regardless how they originated and it would be of use later in case Mike decides to try the ABC programs I mentioned.

If Mike finds another and better way to display a transposable score from ABC, MSCZ and MXML all the better. 

But I probably haven't explained myself good enough, so again why I consider ABC and its utilities for a very good, maybe the best way to implement transposable scores and compatibilty with MXML into MSP.

ABC like chordpro is an ASCII based input format. It's quite simple for the basics and IMHO not much more difficult than cpro.

There are these utilites/programs already in existence to display a score, transpose it, convert it to MXML and back. They  are still actively developed and maintained by some excellent programmers and ABC 
enthusiasts. There are the necessary tools availabe for Windows as well as Android. And they are free.

So it's not SVG per se I suggested. It's just one output format of the ABC-tools (you can also get PDF, PS, XHTML). And you could edit or create the music in MSP itself similar to the ASCII Editor for CPro. That won't be
possible with other file formats. If MSP can read an process ABC I think the displayed scores should be generated and displayed only temporary anyway ( generated anew when transposed or changed from an editor window. Again, have a look at EasyABC on windows how changes in the source editor lead to changes in the WYSIWYG score window). SVG and the ABC routines are just there to use already.

As I said, I have no idea how all this is compatible with Mike's architecture and there are plenty of problems to solve. So I'm just saying, it's there for considerations and if it doesn't work with MSP I'd still like the SVG support to use SVG images (static) as source files like PDF and other images.

Messages In This Thread
SVG support - by BRX - 09-17-2018, 09:45 PM
RE: SVG support - by Zubersoft - 09-20-2018, 10:59 AM
RE: SVG support - by BRX - 09-21-2018, 01:53 AM
RE: SVG support - by sciurius - 09-21-2018, 05:54 AM
RE: SVG support - by itsme - 09-21-2018, 07:46 AM
RE: SVG support - by Zubersoft - 09-21-2018, 10:29 AM
RE: SVG support - by BRX - 09-22-2018, 01:04 AM
RE: SVG support - by BRX - 09-22-2018, 01:39 AM
RE: SVG support - by itsme - 09-25-2018, 01:12 AM
RE: SVG support - by BRX - 09-25-2018, 02:09 AM
RE: SVG support - by kip - 12-06-2018, 10:53 AM