• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metronome dotted quarter for 6/8 and 12/8
(10-13-2018, 02:28 PM)schnautza Wrote: Perhaps the more "foolproof" rework would be to remove reference to quarter notes, eighth notes, etc. For the time signature options, simply have a blank for number of beats. Then have a blank for subdivision of the beat, giving options of 1, 2, 3, and 4, which may represent eighth notes, triplets, or whatever works for your particular time signature. This makes the "denominator" of the time signature irrelevant and gives more freedom to the user. Of course, for complex meters like 7/8 this means you'd have to input the 8th note tempo regardless since it doesn't divide nicely, but that's no different than the current setup.

Also, it would be really cool to have options for applying specific sounds to specific beats. Say I have a 7/8 meter, I could tell it heavy accent on 1 and light accent on 4 and 6 to easily hear a 3+2+2 feel, leaving beats 2, 3, 5, and 7 as standard click sounds.

I agree on these points.

The "accent" option in the metronome is a little confusing as well. 

As of now, for 12/8, I can just keep a 4/4 click but select "TRIPLET 8TH" note. Problem is, that metronome click is accented on the first 8th of the triplet even when I don't want it to. If there's any meter changes within the song, the metronome sounds can really be confusing.

I would suggest definitely an option for dotted quarter tempo markings for compound meters and negating the accented clicks when selecting "TRIPLET 8TH" in 4/4 time.

just my .02
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Metronome dotted quarter for 6/8 and 12/8 - by dallaskruse - 10-13-2018, 02:32 PM