• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metronome dotted quarter for 6/8 and 12/8
(10-13-2018, 04:39 PM)Zuberman Wrote: There are a lot of improvements and enhancements that can be made to the metronome. I've started compiling a list of things to work on at some point (and studying different applications that have features I want to support), but I'm not sure exactly how this fits into the schedule yet. It really depends how critical the metronome changes would be to most users. I definitely appreciate the feedback and suggestions and will be sure to incorporate them into any changes I make. When it comes to supporting different kinds of accents/sounds for different beats, I would need to get my hands on significantly more samples than I currently have that work well in a metronome (meaning they work even at the fastest bpm, which usually means they have to be short). I'm not sure exactly where to go to get those kinds of samples - I'll have to do some research.

Mike

Mike,

If you're in need of Metronome samples, feel free to email me. I have a lot of metronome samples I've compiled over the years that i use in studio sessions.

Also, Frozen Ape has an iOS app called TEMPO that a lot of people use. The UI in regards to how it handles it's SET LISTS has some serious quirks but the basic process for metering seems to work and be popular.

AFAIK, there's no other PDF music app like MSP that allows one to assign tempos to songs and to start immediately as the song is pulled up so PLEASE DON'T CHANGE THAT ASPECT!  Big Grin

The only other thing I'd throw in my thoughts about are when inside a tune and the metronome is running ... IF one needed to bring the click down a few BPM's the metronome skips and doesn't stay in time. IF it's possible to be able to adjust the metronome while the metronome is playing and have it stay fluid, that would be GREAT!
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Metronome dotted quarter for 6/8 and 12/8 - by dallaskruse - 10-14-2018, 01:00 AM