• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
File Under Option, Field for Lyricist and Hover Info With Mouse Pointer
I am BRAND new to MobileSheets (LOVING it so far) so I apologize if any of these features is already there and I don't how to use them.

So far, I loaded in some of the many PDF leadsheets I have and one of the features I was looking forward to was having multiple versions of the same song in the same key or version, but filed under different names for the ease of locating them. For example in the Jazz world, the song Black Orpheus goes by three different names.

Duplicating a song in MobileSheets and renaming the copy is a straightforward enough but that creates multiple copies of the same song. That doesn't sound like a bad thing unless you discover a notation error or want to make an annotation on a version and forget that you have 3 or 4 copies that only differ in the title and what letter of the alphabet it is filed under.

Bottom line, you have to remember to render those notations or changes to ALL copies.

What I would like to see is an option to FILE UNDER (with multiple entries) when importing or editing a song so essentially there would be only ONE copy of a song (in the same key or version) in the database but it could be filed under different titles so any changes would be made to ALL copies.

That would also make it easier for people like me who fix any notation errors with other software and replace the defective score in MobileSheets. If you had a FILE UNDER function, you would only need to replace one score.

Another thing I would like to see is a separate field for Lyricist instead of putting multiple entries in the Composer field.

Finally, I don't know if it is me doing something wrong or MobileSheets but as a beginner, I would LOVE it if when I hovered my mouse pointer over a icon it told me what the function of the "button" or icon was.

Other than that, GREAT program!!

Messages In This Thread
File Under Option, Field for Lyricist and Hover Info With Mouse Pointer - by Scherzo - 10-10-2018, 06:57 AM