• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
File Under Option, Field for Lyricist and Hover Info With Mouse Pointer
Thank you all for the replies!!

In regards to the desired lyricist field. I realize I can use a custom field but I’m a bit obsessed (which is a nice way of saying it) so I guess I would want the lyricist field to be physically located under the Composer field (and before Genre) on the edit song screen.

In regards to using a custom field, that doesn’t give me the ability (unless I am missing something) to have a Library tab with the Lyricist displayed as I now do with the Composer field in my Library. I like to be able with one click to see that list of composers for "Irving Berlin Jam Night", etc. Having a lyricist tab for the same reason would be nice too.

I realize that at present I can use and display a Custom Group as a Library tab, but I don’t want to use that for Lyricist when I know I will want to use it at another time for something else more logical and it would be populated with more than one type of criteria.

In regards to the song titles, I am using collections for the different jam sessions I go to because of the alphabet list, which is VERY helpful. In my scenarios I go to a session and someone calls out a song like  “Slow Boat to China”…

…or is it “On a Slow Boat to China”, or is it “I’d Like to Get You on a Slow Boat to China”?

In the old days because I am dumb and can’t remember where I had it filed in my binders, I made multiple copies with different titles and filed them accordingly so I could find them fast. Having all of the aliases in ALL of the collections is the most helpful to me because the same name calling thing happens everywhere.

With MobileSheets I did the same thing the only way I knew how which was to duplicate “Slow Boat to China” in my database and rename accordingly which is fine except when I discover a notation error in the Bb version which I annotate on the fly and fix later with other software and re-import the corrected PDF sheet.

The problem is that if I happen to notice the problem while playing from the sheet titled “Slow Boat to China”, the annotation is only on that sheet for the time being which is problem if I use different sheet with an alias before I get around to re-importing a corrected sheet. I also have to remember to replace and rename it three times.

A minor hassle I know, but if there were one copy of the song that could have many alias that would appear everywhere including the Song List, Collections & Set Lists, it would make that situation a lot easier to manage.

Other than that I am loving MSP!!

I will be away from the Internet for a few days so I apologize in advance for any delay in responding to additional questions or suggestions generated from this response. I’ll be back soon and thanks again!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: File Under Option, Field for Lyricist and Hover Info With Mouse Pointer - by Scherzo - 10-11-2018, 08:18 PM