• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delete Song from "Edit Song" menu
(11-13-2018, 03:50 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: ... identifying the correct song might not be easy if the song page is displayed in a different sort order from the collection.
I find pretty often that I have to work hard to figure which song I want to delete. We get new versions of songs that were not renamed, and though I thought I had selected the setting to overwrite, I have many instances where I have duplicates, and it takes me a lot of time to make sure I know which song in the list is the one I want to remove, because it is older or because I have made notes on another. It would help to be looking at the song at the time.

I did not realize I was going to enhance the request when I started typing. Really, I don't even imagine this is possible, but this is something that would be useful: Let's say the old version of Song A was in Setlist 1 and 2, and the new version is in Setlist 3. When I delete a song because it is a duplicate, I would like the fields that were saved to go to the version that is being kept, so that I still have the info about what setlists that tune was in. I can see right away that I'd be creating a problem in that the old version might be in a different key, but the key info would go to the new version. I think I could more easily deal with that. What is much harder to assemble is the setlists the deleted version of a song was in.

So I just thought of this question: with the import setting to replace a tune with the same name, do the fields get kept? Would I still have the info about what setlists the replaced song was in?
+*+
Wendy Cutler

Messages In This Thread
RE: Delete Song from "Edit Song" menu - by BRX - 11-13-2018, 02:49 AM
RE: Delete Song from "Edit Song" menu - by Wendy Cutler - 07-23-2019, 03:44 AM