• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching library
No, I did not force different storage folders to be used when switching libraries as that would have caused a significant ripple across all three applications (Android, Windows 10 and the companion app). I was hoping to implement the library switching without it introducing potentially serious bugs and it just seemed safer not to have to modify the code that is used to assign and look up file paths. I also didn't think users would necessary want to have multiple copies of files in their libraries (as far as storage space, this is more significant when dealing with a lot of PDFs). As far as the error you encountered, I agree that the file conflict dialog should have been displayed after step #3. I will have to look into that to see why it wasn't shown until after you switched the library and exited the settings screen. As far as the endless dialog, that seems to indicate a deadlock occurred somewhere, most likely with the database. I certainly never encountered that during any of my testing, so I hope I can reproduce it using your example. It's probably related to using an external application to import the file into MobileSheetsPro versus using Import->Local File. 

If users would like me to take the library switching further to make each library truly independent from the other libraries (meaning different storage folders are used to store all the files for each library), I can do this, but I'm going to want a team of beta testers to help me verify I haven't broken any functionality. I'm starting to think I may need a test team like this in general, as I'm not able to catch all of the issues that can be caused in each update as I don't have enough libraries (or time) to test every possibility. This could slow down the release dates for updates, but that's certainly preferable to updates with significant bugs. If anyone is interested in regularly testing updates before releases, please let know.

If I change the code to use a separate storage folder per library, I will also have to think about how I'm going to fix libraries that have already been created. I'm not really sure I have a great answer for that at the moment. Perhaps the change will only apply to new libraries created after the code is updated.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
Switching library - by BRX - 11-23-2018, 04:26 AM
RE: Switching library - by BRX - 11-26-2018, 10:17 AM
RE: Switching library - by Zubersoft - 11-26-2018, 11:13 AM
RE: Switching library - by sciurius - 11-26-2018, 11:51 PM
RE: Switching library - by Zubersoft - 11-27-2018, 04:11 PM
RE: Switching library - by BRX - 11-27-2018, 08:40 PM
RE: Switching library - by sciurius - 11-28-2018, 01:02 AM