• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
half-page turn for only certain pages in a song?
interesting... in my context, this ONLY makes sense on a per-page basis!  Smile

i'm playing various types of jazz and chamber music. a lot of times, parts are laid out with well-designed page turns (for folks using paper) -- in that case, half-page turns are unnecessary, and actually make things cumbersome. but if a part is not optimally prepared, there may be some pages here and there which don't have good page-turning time. i want to be able to half-turn those pages (ideally with an adjustable split-point, to choose a place where there's a rest or held note mid-page). but if it means that i also have to half-turn a bunch of pages which do have breaks for turning, then that doubles the amount of attention i have to give to page-turning during performance. that's cumbersome and can be downright hazardous in complex scores.

i've just migrated from MusicReader 4 -- it was the only app i could run on my trusty old 1st-gen iPad!  Tongue  ...on my new android tablet, MobileSheetsPRO is providing a far superior experience in many, many ways. i was surprised that this feature, which i'm used to from MusicReader 4, is absent.  Sad

thanks both for your great app, and for your responsiveness!

cheers!

Messages In This Thread
RE: half-page turn for only certain pages in a song? - by plutek - 01-12-2019, 12:26 PM