• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSS file format
Hi.

Currently, I create my setlists in a Google Sheets file in which I copy/paste/move tunes around until I'm happy with the set list. Then I get one of my tablets, hook it up to the Companion, and create the setlist a second time in the Companion to get it into Mobile Sheets Pro so I can upload it to Dropbox and share it with my other tablets and my band members.

Creating setlists and then having to re-create it in another system is one of the tasks in running my band that by far take up the most time.

So I'm in process of writing a band management system (mostly for my own benefit but it will be public eventually - PM me if you're interested) with a setlist builder that will at least speed up making the setlists.

My hope is that I can find a way to export a finished MSS file from within my system.

The XML format looks fairly self-explanatory, but I thought I'd ask a few questions to be sure.

1. How is the file in question identified between the MSS file and the Mobile Sheets Pro file database - by the Title or the FileName? I believe by default the Title is extracted from the FileName on import, but the Title can be changed later while I am guessing the FileName would remain the same...
2. Do the Title and the FileName have to match, or could the Title be different as long as the FileName matches the name of the imported file?
3. What does FileType stand for, and should it ever be different from the value of 1 in the example file I am checking?

I'd appreciate any help with this.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
MSS file format - by semmelbroesel - 01-23-2019, 08:27 AM
RE: MSS file format - by Skip - 01-23-2019, 10:04 AM
RE: MSS file format - by semmelbroesel - 01-23-2019, 10:20 AM
RE: MSS file format - by Zubersoft - 01-23-2019, 10:58 AM
RE: MSS file format - by semmelbroesel - 01-23-2019, 11:02 AM
RE: MSS file format - by Skip - 01-23-2019, 01:27 PM
RE: MSS file format - by sciurius - 01-24-2019, 10:29 PM
RE: MSS file format - by Zubersoft - 01-26-2019, 08:06 AM