• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSS file format
(01-23-2019, 10:04 AM)Skip Wrote: Why not just create the setlist in MSP? Select the 'SETLIST' tab. select 'New' [at the top]. Then make your song selections from the songs available in the main library and position them.

I thought I had explained that, but let me try again in more detail:

I currently create my setlists using a ton of additional data - I try to vary keys and tempo between tunes and keep in mind if the tune has been played at the same venue recently and if I am missing a musician that is needed for this particular tune and if the tune is a good tune for dancing at a dancing event, and so on and so on.

The Setlist creation modules of MSP or the Companion do not offer that kind of detail.

So I currently create my setlist in a spreadsheet where I have all that information available, but it is slow and cumbersome.

Once I have a setlist, I DO then use this setlist to create a setlist file in the MSP Companion and my tablet, and that again is taking up a lot of my time.

I want to automate the process.

I am right now writing a system that will take all of these bits of data into consideration to allow me to create a setlist much faster than before, and then I would like to export an MSS file from my system that I can then directly load onto my tablets.

Yes, I am aware that the file names will have to match, etc.

...which is what I am trying to find out with this post.

So to be clear: I know that I can create setlists in MSP and the companion and that they can export MSS files for me. But I want to create MSS files myself to save myself a ton of time.

I'm not trying to be nasty or anything, but it seemed as if you hadn't understood my point at all, so I felt the need to explain further.

Messages In This Thread
MSS file format - by semmelbroesel - 01-23-2019, 08:27 AM
RE: MSS file format - by Skip - 01-23-2019, 10:04 AM
RE: MSS file format - by semmelbroesel - 01-23-2019, 10:20 AM
RE: MSS file format - by Zubersoft - 01-23-2019, 10:58 AM
RE: MSS file format - by semmelbroesel - 01-23-2019, 11:02 AM
RE: MSS file format - by Skip - 01-23-2019, 01:27 PM
RE: MSS file format - by sciurius - 01-24-2019, 10:29 PM
RE: MSS file format - by Zubersoft - 01-26-2019, 08:06 AM