• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Ignoring duplicate file"
I'll glom onto this thread.  Trying to figure out how to best manage file activity.  Please feel free to call me out on any of these observations.  I'm sometimes afraid to try too much at the file level because I'm not sure what's going to happen so some of this is from memory

Regarding songs, in the most simple terms, the MSP architecture seems to have two levels.  What I'll call the MSP level has a title based on whatever you chose to do when it was imported and whatever else you did to it in MSP (enter duration, make annotations, etc.).  Behind the scenes is the original file - in my case either txt or PDF.  I'll call that the base file.  If you rename the MSP file, it does not rename the base file.  I have not found an easy way to rename the base.

Similarly, let's say I want to make a copy in MSP.  I can create "Song Orig" in MSP but it will still have "song.txt" as it's base.  Now I import my updated "song.txt" again and it will kill "Song Orig" because behind the scenes it is based on whatever "song.txt" is.

I don't want to call this a complaint.  Really just a source of confusion - but potential disaster.  Once the base file is in MSP it becomes a very mysterious entity.  Am I missing something obvious or easy at the file management level?

Messages In This Thread
"Ignoring duplicate file" - by Jerryc41 - 02-16-2019, 12:19 AM
RE: "Ignoring duplicate file" - by Zubersoft - 02-16-2019, 01:58 AM
RE: "Ignoring duplicate file" - by Jerryc41 - 02-17-2019, 01:23 AM
RE: "Ignoring duplicate file" - by Zubersoft - 02-17-2019, 03:02 AM
RE: "Ignoring duplicate file" - by T.B.Player - 02-17-2019, 11:02 PM
RE: "Ignoring duplicate file" - by Jerryc41 - 02-17-2019, 11:09 PM
RE: "Ignoring duplicate file" - by Zubersoft - 02-18-2019, 05:55 AM