• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some feature requests and ideas
[*]Hey Zubersoft team,

I've been using the free version for about a week now and although I like the app, there's still a couple of features missing that I think would contribute to using Mobilesheets professionally in my musical rehearsals. The workflow is not quite ideal yet, and though I plan to buy it soon I'm still a bit hesitant to pay for the pro version. In sort-of order of importance:

1. There's some quite big black bars between pages when the Display mode is set to vertical scrolling. It would be nice if that could be an option or simply changed, I prefer the pages to connect seamlessly.
  2. The Pen Settings could do with a number of changeable presets for different colours to quickly switch between them.
  3. I read that you're already working on this, but the stamps could really do with vector images. Also a row of most-used presets to select with a single tap would be really helpful and of course the ability to add custom stamps. 
  4. Tabs or another way to quickly switch between pieces I'm currently studying would be practical. (If there is already a way to do this I haven't figured out how it works yet, so perhaps this could be more intuitive in that case.)
  5. The actions in the quick-action box should be editable. Especially with classical music, the audio playback feature will hardly ever be used.
  6. Apart from the screen touch option to start/stop the metronome, there should also be an option just to show the metronome options screen. Also it would be helpful if, like the Pen Settings screen, some of the less-used options could be collapsed/hidden.
  7. When in edit mode, for instance using the pen, it is very useful that we can still zoom in with pinching two fingers. However, it would also be useful if we could still pan the screen without changing out of the pen mode. Perhaps using three fingers?
  8. As a classical singer, when I'm studying it's always useful to have a small piano or pitch pipe close. I now have the Pitch Perfect widget as a screen overlay using Overlays, but that's still a bit clunky. It would be nice if this could be included in the app, so that a metronome and a pitch are only a tap away.
  9. The tool selection bar is a bit far away on the top of the screen. The smaller toolbox mitigates this issue somewhat, but it would be nice if we could choose the location of the larger bar.
  10. The library in its standard form is not very classical-oriented, which might scare classical musicians off. I just found out that you can edit the tabs shown, but perhaps you could consider asking the user whether they prefer a layout with tabs oriented on classical music or popular music. (I.e. tabs like "Composers", "Pieces" (instead of "Songs")...)

[*]

I'm still waiting for them to arrive, but I'm hoping to use palm-rejection gloves like these with a simple stylus like this one to make easier notes. I don't have a special tablet with special stylus detection so hopefully this will work well enough, too.

Anyway I'll post more if I think of more features. Thanks for the app so far, I think it's important that apps like these exist on Android as well. There's an unhealthy Apple-fetish with musicians, especially classical ones...

Messages In This Thread
Some feature requests and ideas - by STEELBAS - 03-20-2019, 09:04 AM
RE: Some feature requests and ideas - by STEELBAS - 04-06-2019, 05:37 AM
RE: Some feature requests and ideas - by STEELBAS - 04-11-2019, 10:15 AM
RE: Some feature requests and ideas - by itsme - 04-11-2019, 06:56 PM