• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Workaround for machines that experience long delays
I'm also seeing delays/freezes on my Surface Pro 4 (i5, 4MB ram) with MobileSheets. MobileSheets is the only app where I see these delays/freezes. This has been happening for the past 6 months or so if my memory is correct.
To be clear: for example, when selecting a song to display, or trying to change pages, many times (not always!) there's a 5 second +/- display freeze before MS responds. During this time MS is unresponsive to touch commands....except if I kill the program (by clicking the "x" in upper right of MS window).
I usually run MS with no other apps running on the machine, thinking maybe it is fighting for resources. Not sure if this matters. It will freeze with and without other apps running.
I have not tried the suggested script to elevate the MS priority. I don't feel comfortable messing with this.
I am using the builtin Windows Security, nothing else for malware, etc. No backups are happening at these times.

I don't have another Win10 laptop/tablet to try to duplicate the problem.
Hard drive memory is ~50% used. Lots of room left.
MS only uses ~58MB of ram typically (out of 4MB).
Power usage is "very low" (from task manager)
Any thoughts on what to try/check?

If I were using MS in a gig situation, this issue would be a real problem for me. It's just frustrating at this point....

thanks!
Surface 4, 4GB
TuneLab

Messages In This Thread
RE: Workaround for machines that experience long delays - by rrrpiano - 06-14-2019, 07:35 PM